Parent Forum: Our purpose
The Parent Forum seeks to represent the collective voice of Parents and Guardians in discussion with the school’s Governing Body and Leadership Team. It will play an active role in influencing, supporting and enhancing the development and learning of all children at Immanuel and St. Andrew Church of England Primary School.
How will we do this?
The Parent Forum will:
- work closely with the Governing Body and School Leadership team to ensure an open and beneficial dialogue exists.
- encourage closer links between home and school, helping parents and carers engage with their children’s learning.
- assist governors, teachers and staff by commenting on new initiatives, drawing attention to areas of concern and contributing to solutions.
- enhance communication with and between all members of the school community.
- develop and disseminate ideas that improve the life of Immanuel and St. Andrew Primary School.
What are the principles guiding the Forum?
You can count on the Immanuel Parent Forum to be:
Collaborative:participating together for the benefit of the school community
Constructive:helping to identify effective solutions
Transparent:keeping everyone informed of meetings and their outcomes
Encouraging:Sharing information, knowledge, skills and welcoming ideas and initiatives to foster positive ethos
Who can be part of the Forum?
All parents and guardians of children attending Immanuel and St. Andrew Primary School are welcome to be part of the Forum.
In addition, a representative from the leadership team has committed to attend each meeting.
What is our relationship with other Bodies?
The table below sets out the role of the main bodies in Immanuel and where the Parent Forum fits in.
What will the Parent Forum not do?
The Parent Forum is not a decision-making body. It is a body which can feed in views and represent the parents and carers of issues surrounding the school.
The Parent Forum is also not the place to discuss concerns or complaints involving individual children, families or members of staff.
Why should Parents & Guardians take part?
As a parent or guardian, being part of the Forum can help you in a number of ways:
- Good links between you and the school can improve your child’s enjoyment and chances of doing well.
- It gives you an opportunity to get together on a regular basis with other parents to have a say on what the school is doing well, and ideas of how you feel things could be improved.
- It can help you get the advice and support to help and encourage your children with their learning.
- It can break down barriers between the school and parents and improve working relationships.
How can Parents & Guardians participate?
Parents and guardians can participate in a number of ways:
All are welcome to attend and participate at any Parent Forum meeting (Café Immanuel).
By taking a role to help promote the Forum and make it work.
By participating in activities.
By suggesting items to be discussed by emailing email@example.com